In an latest replace, Abu Dhabi’s Division of Tradition and Tourism introduced that the emirate will not implement the alcohol license requirement for residents.
Additionally Learn: What You Must Find out about Consuming Alcohol in Dubai
The brand new regulation posted via a round dated final September 15, 2020 listed a couple of necessities for people buying liquor from distributors and liquor shops.
Abu Dhabi Residents No Longer Required to Current Alcohol License
The round famous, “We wish to announce the cancellation of alcohol licenses for people,” including, “Residents and vacationers might be permitted to purchase and possess alcohol from licensed retail outlets, and are allowed to drink inside tourism and lodge institutions, golf equipment and impartial shops.
Necessities for Consuming Alcohol in Abu Dhabi
You might devour alcohol in Abu Dhabi beneath the next necessities:
- The patron have to be no less than 21 years previous
- The acquisition is for private consumption solely and never for resale to others or storage.
- Alcoholic drinks have to be consumed in personal properties or inside licensed areas solely.
In the meantime, in Dubai, residents are nonetheless required to supply a license to purchase alcohol in outlets – whereas vacationers have to get a brief license.
There isn’t a have to current a license in eating places and bars.
Nonetheless, Dubai has additionally modified sure points of its alcohol licensing system, reminiscent of scrapping the requirement of a no-objection certificates from a resident’s employer.
That stated, residents now solely want to supply a replica of their Emirates ID, fill out a type and pay AED 270.
Furthermore, vacationers in Dubai can now get a brief license by displaying their passport and visa stamp to buy homeowners.
ALSO READ: The place to Purchase Alcohol within the UAE
Guidelines and Fines: Abu Dhabi Alcohol Legislation
However, Abu Dhabi’s Division of Tradition and Tourism have additionally offered particulars of fines for individuals who flout the brand new alcohol rules within the emirate.
1. Anybody caught promoting liquor and alcoholic drinks to anybody beneath 21 is topic to a high quality of AED 40,000 for the first offense, AED 60,000 for the second offense, Dh80,000 for the third offense, and AED 80,000 for the fourth offense onwards.
2. Promoting or re-selling liquor and alcoholic drinks and not using a license is topic to a high quality of AED 100,000 for the primary offense, and AED 200,000 for the second offense. Within the third violation, the institution might be closed.
3. Promoting alcoholic drinks on the market is topic to a warning on the first offense. A high quality of AED 10,000 will apply on the second offense, rising to AED 30,000 on the third offense, and to AED 40,000 on the fourth offense.
4. People caught smuggling alcoholic drinks or liquor, or transporting it from exterior the UAE with out the required licenses, might be referred on to the courts.
5. And at last, the manufacturing of alcoholic drinks at residence can also be a violation that can see the offender referred on to the courts for authorized proceedings.